Friday, December 22, 2017

Is There No Bottom To Canada's Shame?

Apparently not, if you are talking about the craven, rudderless and unprincipled Trudeau government that is making us all look bad.



As reported by CBC, a toadying and craven Canada is accepting the above Haley invitation, a thank you for not opposing the Trump resolution to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital:
U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley is throwing a party for all the countries who didn't vote against the United States on its controversial bid to recognize Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel — and Canada plans to attend.
Given the cost to Canada's principles and reputation, I hope it is an exceptional party that Mr. Trudeau et al. feel is worth the heavy price of admission.

3 comments:

  1. Again I must wonder what his father would have made of his weakest son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cliché about spinning in one's grave would seem to be appropriate here as the answer, Mound.


      Delete
  2. Dear Lorne:

    Three points:

    (1) Canada's position on the status of Jerusalem was made clear to the Americans, and is consistent with our multilateral approach to diplomacy, and the hope that we could one day help bring the two sides together. Read up on it, you might learn something.

    (2) Boycotting a dinner would be a cheap gesture and since we are neighbours and depend heavily on a good relationship with the Americans for hundreds of thousands of jobs not a very wise move.
    But being an incredibly selfish person living on a juicy pension I guess you don't care.
    (3) Who are you to call anybody a coward after what you did to me this year? Soliciting help from a notorious anti-gay bigot to try to hurt me is the action of a coward, or at least of a man with no moral fibre.
    I had hoped that you would have the decency to apologize, so we could put this sordid affair behind us, but you never did.
    And since you have become such a shrunken or shrivelled caricature of the blogger you once were, I don't expect you ever will.
    And unfortunately I can't just forget what you did, for as I told you before, I feel a special responsibility to stand up for LGBT people who are bullied. And in a country where the most violent hate crimes are directed at gay people, when you attack one you attack us all.
    So although I don't want to, I will have to write another post and ask people in the blogosphere and the Twittersphere whether I am being unreasonable when I ask for an apology.
    Please take this advice to heart: Don't let hate chew you up and spit you out, because you will severely diminish the quality of the life you have left.
    All the best and Merry Christmas !!!

    ReplyDelete