Monday, May 24, 2021

A Fine Day For The Stupid

Continuing with a theme, I found these videos of more stupid people, this group enjoying yesterday's fine weather in Toronto. While thousands of parents were lined up with their kids (12 years and older) to get their first Pfizer shot at Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto, handfuls of anti-vaxxers took it upon themselves to educate them about the perils of listening to their parents and the science that guides them.


As is obvious here, some people have too much time on their hands. A pity they can't find something constructive to do with it, but with such apparent cognitive shortcomings, not really surprising, eh?

6 comments:

  1. There was a time this sort of thing would be considered appalling. I wonder if we're becoming inured to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still sticks in my craw, Mound. I think what bothers me most is people trumpeting their profound ignorance in such a way as to make it seem like a virtue. Although I am long retired, the teacher in me recoils at such displays.

      Delete
  2. The mom in me wants to start a barricade line between the protesters and kids. I can't believe this is allowed to continue, and I hate that we seem to be getting used to offensive public behaviour. We're de-civilizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, the only saving grace in all of this is that the band of benighted appears to be a small group. That in itself means nothing, of course, but I will momentarily delude myself into thinking their influence and convictions are waning, Marie.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I don't get out enough.

    Here's more evidence that Nancy Reagan's solution to dangerous illicit drug use is applicable in some way to any other problem you want to magnify or fail to solve. I wonder if any of them tripped over that connection to their chant while engaged in the extensive "research" that lead to their conclusions on the vaccination issue.

    When you're that smart and well-informed, you've got to make sure everybody knows you are; everything is too easy until it isn't; and then it's still somebody else's fault.

    Thanks for saving me the drive-by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Just say no." A pity this rag tag group did not have that response when the call came for them to make a public display of their abysmal cognitive state, John.

      Delete