Reflections, Observations, and Analyses Pertaining to the Canadian Political Scene
Sunday, September 13, 2026
Sometimes, A Cudgel Is Needed
Some will probably find the lack of subtlety in the following anti-racism short from France disappointing, but it is this kind of bluntness that might penetrate some racists' heads.
Good video. I don't see it as "lacking subtlety". I get the feeling it takes a 2X4 alongside the head to get a "racist's attention. And then they probably have the attention span of a gnat, if I am not insulting the gnat.
Cudgel thy brains no more about it/ For your dull ass will not mend his pace with beating. Shakespeare’s immortal comment about the imbecility of racists and other knuckle dragging, large forehead, heavy breathing types. Thanks for posting the video Lorne.
That is a most apt quote, Anon, one I remember well from Hamlet. Shakespeare, as was said, "was not of an age, but for all time." He knew our species well.
Good video. I don't see it as "lacking subtlety". I get the feeling it takes a 2X4 alongside the head to get a "racist's attention. And then they probably have the attention span of a gnat, if I am not insulting the gnat.
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked it, Anon. Gnats are underrated, of course.
DeleteCudgel thy brains no more about it/ For your dull ass will not mend his pace with beating. Shakespeare’s immortal comment about the imbecility of racists and other knuckle dragging, large forehead, heavy breathing types. Thanks for posting the video Lorne.
ReplyDeleteThat is a most apt quote, Anon, one I remember well from Hamlet. Shakespeare, as was said, "was not of an age, but for all time." He knew our species well.
Delete