Thursday, July 21, 2022

Scenes From Newfoundland

While I am not one to foist vacation photos on others, I thought I would break that rule to share a few highlights of our recent trip to Newfoundland to see our son and daughter-in-law. Our second visit to the province reinforced the notion, as my wife expressed it, that life seems to be conducted on a more human scale than here at home. And given the bleak, perilous future the world faces, I have a feeling that our most eastern province will fare better than other jurisdictions.

One of the highlights of our visit was a whale-watching tour, in which we were very fortunate to see humpback whales. I wonder how much longer they will be with us, given how quickly we are destroying their environment and their food supply.





The following video was shot by my son:

Another highlight was meeting this young man, who was filming a scene for his series close to where we were staying and graciously allowed me to take his picture.

As I said, life seems to be on a more human scale in Newfoundland.

Not to suggest, however, that citizens are insular and shy away from the larger world:



                                                                                            
And last but not least, the craft brewing industry is alive and well in Newfoundland. 

And the winner is Come from Away, produced at YellowbellyBrewery and restaurant, our favourite eatery on Water Street.



8 comments:

  1. Well done, my friend. In a world of worry and strife your images have pierced the gloom. MoS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mound. I'm glad they brought a little comfort.

      Delete
  2. So jealous! One day I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Anyong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps! Actually I wanted to say, I was happy you found some “balm for the soul” in your words. Great! Anyong

    ReplyDelete