Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Stupidity: The Antidote

Owing to a rather sensitive gag reflex, I only watched about two minutes of Senator Katie Britt's 'response' to Joe Biden's State of The Union address in which I gather, she blamed the president for all the ills besetting America. (Sound familiar?) The conceit: that it actually was a response, not a carefully scripted effort made before Biden's speech. It has, however, provoked a great deal of ridicule, including a sendup from Scarlett Johansan on Saturday Night Live.

However, the best most measured rebuke to Ms. Britt came from this lady:


It is refreshing to see some facts and logic for a change, although, as suggested in my last two posts, it is unlikely to forge much lightning in certain quarters.

6 comments:

  1. Two minutes? I think I made it to the 15 second mark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, truthfully, the two minutes was a struggle for me, Anon.

      Delete
  2. A ray of hope.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4528680-trumps-gop-is-already-dying/
    TB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is indeed encouraging, TB, I just hope that disaffected Republicans don't sit out the election or vote for Robert Kennedy in protest.

      Delete
  3. Lets add this from the one that has dark bottomless eyes!

    https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-expected-attend-hearing-seek-dismissal-classified-documents/story?id=108092856

    TB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can only hope that Trump's troubles continue, TB. I take delight when things don't go his way,

      Delete