Friday, December 20, 2019

The House That Trump Didn't Build

Johnny Carson, when bringing to the audience's attention bizarre stories that strained credulity, used to say, "Folks, I do not make these things up; I merely report them."

I shall leave you to infer what you will from the following report, which left me, shall we say, in less than optimal spirits.
A farmhouse near Latrobe, Pennsylvania, known as the Trump House, wants to make neighbourhoods great again. Trump superfan Leslie Rossi is behind it. Mike Armstrong explains why and how Rossi thinks critics haven’t given Trump a fair chance.

4 comments:

  1. As a vice principal I used to work with told me, Lorne, stupidity is its own curse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen much in my life, Owen, but I am still sometimes lost for words.

      Delete
  2. I have now finished reading two excellent German memoirs of the era from Weimar to the outbreak of WWII. It's fascinating to discover how ordinary, decent citizens can succumb to authoritarianism and, once in, how they learn to look the other way or simply reject the obvious.

    The Nazis got as far as they could electorally in 1933 and then used force of will to complete their conquest of Germany and its people until they disbanded the Reichstag to clear the way for totalitarian rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take you point, Mound. When it comes to human nature, we can take little for granted, either from the 'leaders' or the led.

      Delete