Friday, October 9, 2026

Yet Another Obscenity

 


Well, just as you wonder if the American nation can sink any lower into abject debasement, along comes Pete Hegseth with his newest plan to both provoke and briefly satiate the people's bloodlust.


I don't think there is much I really need to say about this. I'm sure my moral outrage over such an obscenity is shared by most of the world. And I doubt I would be correct in saying that the U.S. has finally hit rock bottom, given that Trump and his obsequious coterie have another two years in office.

Under normal circumstances, at my age two years would be  a very short time. In this case, however, that time frame seems well-nigh interminable.

12 comments:

  1. What is it about the super rich that makes them so obnoxious? It's not new. Henry Ford and Walt Disney would have fit right in with Pete Hegseth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The richer they are, the more distanced from humanity many of them seem to become, Toby.

      Delete
  2. Cant sink much lower? Try this "Trump announced that Russia will immediately supply more than 300,000 tons of diesel, followed by an additional 500,000 tons in November and one million tons "immediately thereafter." Russia will deliver another three million tons "within a short period of time" after that, he wrote."
    I gota stop listening to the news from the U.S, of Eh of that deranged idiot and his enablers , it is starting to make me physically sick.
    Rural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your revulsion, Rural. Trump nauseates all right-thinking people.

      Delete
    2. Given Donald Trump's dealmaking skills and firm grasp of international affairs combined with his distinguished diplomatic team, one must wonder how many things Moscow is laughing about.

      Now, to figure out just how badly Trump has lost.


      Delete
    3. The weeks ahead will reinforce the notion that we are living in "interesting times." Anon.

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I dont think we have seen the worst in the USA, expect more to come.
    The majority of American vote with their pocketbook, not their morals.
    Carney is right to disenfrachise Canada from the USA, tough as it may be, there is more tno life than the US dollar!~
    TB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the pocketbook issue s that will likely bring about the defeat of many Republicans at the mid-terms, TB. Sometimes one's mercenary inclinations work out for the betterment of all.

      Delete
  4. When you contrast the administration in Trump's first term as president with the current administration it's obvious that today's cabinet was chosen for incompetence. It's night and day. He fears a strong cabinet that might not indulge his lunacy. It's as though he chose them to negate the prospect of the 25th Amendment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incompetence and obsequiousness seem to the main qualifiers for those who 'thrive' in Trump's presence, Mound.

      P.S. Thanks for your latest piece, which I think I shall hold back until tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. I am surprised that Trump & Hegseth are not erecting bleachers and selling tickets. /sarc.

    I wonder how much this public martyrdom of a "brave Islamic freedom fighter" will boost recruitment to various Salafi, takfiri groups?

    This has to be up there with George W. Bush proclaiming a new "Crusade"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re: the bleachers and tickets, Anon, it certainly would be keeping with the American way, eh?

      Delete